I’m so glad you signed on (and for a lot of you signed on AGAIN!) to do this private program. I love the enthusiasm and the fact that you are serious about your goals. Through this program I want to help each of you realize what may have been eluding you until now. We all get stuck in ruts or are maybe unknowingly doing things to sabotage our progress. I want each and every person to be successful and I want to set each of you up for the best possible outcome.
You’re going to see this a lot this week…. WRITE YOUR GOALS DOWN!
I’m going to ask you to do some things to sort of lay the groundwork for your progress. First, each person needs to write down what he/she wants to accomplish in the next six weeks. Next, each of you needs to have a picture (or pictures) in your head, on your refrigerator, on your bathroom mirror, in your phone, wherever, of what that looks like. Is it what you weighed 10 years ago? Is it a six pack? Is it fitting into a certain size? Is it feeling great and energetic? Whatever, it is, have it on hand to keep you focused…..especially when you’re feeling weak. Remember, what you think about is very powerful, so think on positive things.
Now for my part. My role is to educate you, motivate you, guide you in eating/diet (without being a Nazi about it) and to give you exercise formats and workouts. I will do my best to give you the most up to date information regarding fitness and health that I possibly can. I’ve been doing this a long time and I’m pretty good at picking out the garbage from the real deal. My recommendations for eating are going to be geared primarily towards controlling your hormones which control everything in your body from your mood to your metabolism. With all the above being said, I know the main obstacle you will encounter is the one between your ears. I could take all of you and imprison you for six weeks, force a diet on you and an exercise regimen and each one of you would without a doubt experience dramatic physical change. But we’re not robots or prisoners. I actually want you to experience a permanent lifestyle change and hope that you will enjoy the journey and the transformation. …. and as a bonus learn something about yourself along the way.
We are going to start out relatively simple. Studies show that your will power can only handle but so much change or challenge at a time and after that, you give in. So the idea is to start out with relatively easy targets to hit and then building on them each progressing week. This sets you up for continued success. So the first week in addition to doing the posted workout, I want you to continue taking all the classes you have been taking at whatever gym you’re at now for now if you can. The reason for this is to simply keep your daily activity up as much as possible. Americans go to the gym for one hour and sit for the remaining 23. One note though, I want you to give your best effort to the posted workout and then if you want to do your (take a class, run, whatever), then go right ahead.
Then I want you to do the following faithfully each day. They are as follows:
- Drink at least 64 oz of water daily, beginning with 8 oz upon waking and 8 oz before bedtime (sorry if you have to go “wee” in the middle of the night)
- No food or beverage intake (other than water) after 8:00 p.m.
- Do the daily posted workout
- Log your food and beverage intake in MyFitnessPal. If you don’t have it, download it. Log EVERYTHING. You need to know how much you’re consuming. Don’t worry about diet change this week necessarily. Just get used to keeping the diary. NOTE: I am going ahead and releasing the meal plan outline later today because some of you are ready and anxious to start that.
- Check the website and Facebook page each day. Read any info or article posted. Encourage other participants. HOWEVER, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT SHARE MY WORKOUTS, PROGRAM FORMAT DETAILS, ETC, WITH ANYONE NOT ENROLLED. Direct them to the video and/or to me if they have questions.
So there you have it. Pretty simple. Please email me with any questions or concerns. So glad you decided to take part in this program! Let’s do this!